Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Pigs really pigging out...

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
My two girls have recently started eating a TON! They share a bowl and in the morning I put about a 1/4 cup of pellets in their cage. Around noon it is gone, and they wheek like they are dying. They get their veggies at night, but yesterday I added a little more pellets and they ate them in just a few minutes and they ate all their veggies too. Usually they only eat one bowl a day throughout the day. Is it normal for them to eat this much? I know they shouldn't have unlimited pellets but they scream all day if it is empty.

It was hard for me to ignore their cries for extras at first, but you just have to put your foot down. As long as they have unlimited hay, they're definitely not starving.

Are they very young pigs?

You could up how much you you give them, since the most you're supposed to give them is 1/4 cup each. You don't necessarily have to double it, but you still could increase it. How old are they?

Elephant is just over 6 months and Dulce is over 3 years.

You could up how much you you give them, since the most you're supposed to give them is 1/4 cup each. You don't necessarily have to double it, but you still could increase it. How old are they?

I thought it was 1/8 cup each?

I thought it was 1/8 cup each?
As far as I heard it was 1/8 to 1/4. That might just be for younger guinea pigs though, I'm not sure.

it 1/8 to 1/4 cup for adult pigs...so you could up the amount you give by a 1/4 cup. alot of people feed just feed 1/8th cup but 1/4 cup of timothy per pig is ok to

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.