Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Piggy Menu

jparker0702

Cavy Slave
I have been feeding my guinea pigs Kale, cucumbers, green peppers, blue berries (not too often) and apples, carrots, as well as a good supply of hay

My question is are their any veggies out there that piggies love that i havent given them im looking to expand a little and give them some nice treats so let me know what you guys feed your little friends =]

Ditto kittymalone about that food thread.

Just a couple of words of caution to you. Kale is too high in vitamin A to be give other than just occasionally. You can replace it with red or green leaf lettuce, both of which have a much better balance of vitamins and minerals.

Also, fruit should only be an occasional treat. Too much sugar upsets the chemical balance in their digestive tracts, which are pretty delicate to begin with.

I feed mine bell pepper, red or green leaf lettuce, a baby carrot, tomato and cilantro daily, and also corn husks and silks when I can get them. Depending on what else I've got in the fridge, they get green beans, zucchini, celery, endive, thyme, dill, and basil. For occasional fruit treats, they get blueberries, a bit of apple, and their all-time favorite food in the world, watermelon rind.

try cilantro they mine go nuts for it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.