Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Piggy kisses

Delaine

Cavy Slave
My girls are over a year now and have really settled down. I have noticed that whenever my hand is near their face they will lick me. Six months ago Abbey would have taken a nip at me so things have really improved.

What do you think? Piggy kisses or do they just like licking the salt on my skin?

My piggies like to lick too!
I think they do it to groom you. Sometimes my less dominant piggy will groom the bossier one so I guess they're grooming us because we're the Super Pig Overlords. ;)

After all, we do have access to food.:D

Super Pig Overlords
:D

I'd take it as kisses. Why not? All the time, money, and worrying we do over them? i think we deserve some kisses!

My piggies like to lick too!
I think they do it to groom you. Sometimes my less dominant piggy will groom the bossier one so I guess they're grooming us because we're the Super Pig Overlords. ;)

After all, we do have access to food.:D

Grooming sounds right. I don't get to see my girls groom each other because one of them is quite a bully. One of my girls would like to groom her sister but the only time she will let her is when I am brushing her. She will sit still during the brushing so her sister will take the opportunity to lick all around and behind her ears. It is so cute to watch because it normally never happens.

3 out of 4 of my pigs lick me. Sundae and Holly (siblings, go figure.) Are licking machines. If you put any bit of skin near them, they will lick it forever. Harmony gives littler finger kisses sometimes. Snickers doesn't lick, he bites. It's not like he means it to hurt, it's like he doesn't know what to do with this human finger, maybe he should bite it. I've never seen them groom each other though. Harmony and Holly pretty much ignore each other most of the time, and Sundae and Snickers are dominant boys.

I'm sure my pigs only lick me because I have a nasty pair of clammy hands 24/7 and they want to lick the salt off them. I'll just pretend it's because they love me,though. :p

I'm sure my pigs only lick me because I have a nasty pair of clammy hands 24/7 and they want to lick the salt off them. I'll just pretend it's because they love me,though. :p
lol LOL!

At least your piggies lick you... My piggy's birth momma will lick me when I hold her (she's my friend's pig) but my babies won't lick me for anything! I get nipped occasionally by my boy, mostly when he really wants to bite but he knows he shouldn't so he gently nips... I like the piggy overlord theory, but my piggies know they have me wrapped around their cute little paws! Spoiled little pigs...

Kwee licks my fingers sometimes...she usually just tries to eat my shirt, though. lol

Maybe your pig is displeased with your choice of fashion.
If that's the case, then everything I wear is awful lol

The only exception is button down shirts, she likes to crawl between the buttons and get inside those.

My pig loves to lick :) Well, it starts out as licking... progresses to nibbling... and then to little bites. Never breaks skin, but she does seem to like to try and eat us! Maybe some day she'll learn we're not food...

Thanks everyone for sharing stories about your "piggy kisses". I really enjoyed them.

My piggies will lick me after I give them their veggies, I probably taste like a carrot!!! I pretend it's because they are saying "thank you" though.:p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.