Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggy in my bed!

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
My piggies have a nice cozy, but that can't keep me away from putting them in my bed sometimes.
Last saturday I woke up and got one of my two pigs, Rat, the more social piggie. I got a towel and placed her on the bed, with her head on the pillow and I put my blanket over her body. 5 minutes later she fell asleep with her eyes closed, while laying between me and my boyfriend. Heh piggies are our babies :p Anyway, it was so cute, sometimes she woke up and fell asleep again.

Do you take your piggies for a nap?

4Girls
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
4Girls said:
Now she is too curious to sit still. Funny, I've never seen my pigs close their eyes, unless I'm petting them around that part of their face.
Mine also did that, I finally feel that my patience with the pigs is paying off ;)

opusfish

Cavy Slave
i'd always heard pigs sleep with their eyes open. i've never seen mine's eyes go more than half closed when he's really relaxed.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
most will only close their eyes when they feel completely secure. I can see mine do it if I look at them when they are sleeping under something, like their futon, but mine will never close their eyes when they are out in the open.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
suzy_99 said:
most will only close their eyes when they feel completely secure. I can see mine do it if I look at them when they are sleeping under something, like their futon, but mine will never close their eyes when they are out in the open.
Mine also sleep with their eyes open while in their cage, that is why I felt really special. :)

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Phoebe has done that a few times & it's sooooo cute! The first time she did it, she was resting on my stomach in a towel. Only her head was sticking out. She then put her head down her front paws & fell asleep. If only I had had a camera nearby at that moment.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That sounds so sweet! I sometimes do that becuase the cage is directly next to/underneath my bed so I like to pick them up. They usually go running underneath the duvet though.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I usually pick a different piggie every night and cuddle in bed with them for a while. I have had a couple of my girls do that. CoCo did it one night, she was all comfy under the covers next to me with her head sticking out and while I was rubbing her nose, she fell asleep.

The more comfy and secure the pigs feel, they will close their eyes when sleeping. I have notice most of mine now do it, where they didn't a month ago.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.