Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Piggy exercise

Guineamama2000

Cavy Slave
Good day everyone! I was wondering what are some good ways to ensure our Jeffy Jeff gets proper exercise. I'm just thinking he's not getting enough exercise as it is. Because when we put him back in his cage, he runs like a fireball. He has a big rabbit cage he lives in...without the cage flooring that rabbits have. Any tips or info would be appreciated! uploadfromtaptalk1425662350631.jpg

Guineamama2000

Cavy Slave
Definitely will try that!!

Guineadog

Cavy Gazer
Aww he is adorable! He kind of looks like mine woth the white but mine has it on her nose to. And she is l black with a white paw...anyways I let mine free range ALL around my room and sometimes I switch rooms. I also make obstacle courses! Though many people don't like theirs going every where but I dont mind! Oh and have you considered a friend for him? If not than it's okay just a suggestion!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
I also let my pigs run around my room, I really don't mind if they make a mess. If they have floor time with a pen, or are able to run around in a piggy-proof room about 1-2 hours a day, you've nothing to worry about.

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Try getting some tunnels, chew toys, balls (**NOT PLASTIC) and extra hidey-holes for him to try! :)
And remember NO MATTER WHAT any pet shops, websites or ANYTHING says:

NEVER GIVE YOUR GUINEA PIG A RUNNING WHEEL OR BALL

They have very delicate spines that weren't made for using those ridiculous things. Also be wary of tall things so he doesn't jump, and be careful of chocking hazards. I also reccommend NOT using any 'hammocks' or 'hides' that are suspended and swinging, unless it doesn't wobble. They need firm footing...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.