Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Piggy Adoption!

kourt1313

Cavy Slave
I'm SO excited, Shelby got the all clear today from the vet and tonight I have a meeting with the rescue to adopt him a friend! No more sad little Shelby staring at the corner!

This is the big guy I've been looking at online:
[GuineaPigCages.com] Piggy Adoption!

I can't wait to meet and see him! I hope Shelby loves him. Wish me luck!

Woo hoo, good luck! I hope he finds a best bud.

Good luck!! Adoption is so much fun!!

​Good luck! :)

Yea!!! Friends are great!

Good luck!! Hooray for Shelby! I just checked in with our rescue for a friend for our Fat Albert :)

SUCCESS!!! The meet and greet went splendidly and Shelby is now sharing his veggie dinner with Matisse!!

I could cry I'm so happy. Matisse is such a love... Ok well as I typed that he became a bit of a bully over some parsley but it's all good lol

What a big boy!! But I'm not entirely thrilled with the uh "guarding of the food and water bottle" deal... Shelby's just sitting in his hidey like "what the heck mom."

Cute guys! Here are a couple of hints on making life easier for the two of them:

1. Dump the pigloo. With two boars, you should have hideys with multiple openings, like step stools, tunnels, fleece hung over a corner, etc.

2. 3 food bowls and 3 water bottles.

3. More hay racks.

I agree with @SurfingPigs. Life with two boars is much better with three of everything.

You got a cutie+!!

Thanks!
1. That I can do. Matisse doesn't seem interested in the pigloo though. He didn't have one at the rescue and when he was turned in he was only in a tiny cage. Could this explain why he is laying in the kitchen area of the cage, because he is used to small areas?
2. Got two bowls, will get another. For the water bottles I have one, will 2 be okay or for sure use 3?
3. Yes, plan on picking two more of those up =)

Unfortunately I'm at a stand still with purchases right now because I am going to switch banks this week (therefore I can't have pending transactions, waiting for current ones to clear) and pay day isn't till Monday. Will they survive the week with this temporary situation or should this be remedied immediately? For the pellet bowls I have each on opposite sides of the cage. If this is something I need to handle immediately for their well-being I can borrow some money from mom.

2 can work, the 3 is just recommended for pigs who are more aggressive about sharing their things. As long as they can both eat and drink, they'll do just fine until you can get extras. I, too, spread my pellet dishes out.

Some pigs are just more relaxed and don't mind sleeping out in the open. I have a couple who do that, one who sometimes does, and one who barely leaves the safety of overhead cover. Take it as a good sign that he is comfortable sleeping out in the open around you already!

ETA: And yes, what handsome gentlemen!

Thank you!!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.