Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Piggies celebrating Groundhog Day

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I decided that piggies should have a holiday that is special to them. Groundhog Day fits the bill -- we already have a day symbolized by a cute, roly-poly rodent that resembles our favorite pets to some degree. Now we just need to dedicate it to piggies and celebrate it with them.

In my household, Punxatawny Phil came while the boys were sleeping and left them some new hay-toys (hay-stuffed TP rolls). They will get some nice treats of the lemon balm plant in my window (it is a kind of mint, which is like piggie-crack to my boys) and I got some wheat to plant for wheatgrass - a new ritual I will keep. They'll get lots of extra pettings and praisings when I get home (if there is room for any increase!).

Everybody, celebrate Groundhog Day with us!! and tell us your new rituals you will make for it.

Attachments

Picture 4.png
I love that idea, about stuffing hay in TP rolls. definitely doing that tonight!

Well, Cappuccino was born on groundhog day, so we already have our little celebration. Today he's getting some special treats and extra cuddles. He'll also be eating dinner with us. Last time he did that, it was on Thanksgiving. It's his first birthday, so we're all very excited. And I didn't realize he was born on groundhog day until you posted! But yes, it should definitely be the official guinea pig holiday. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.