Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets piggies barley ate it...Km brand?

geo13

Cavy Slave
so i served 1/4 cup of pellets yesterday km brand, and at first they were hoverin all over it eating it, but have is still there? usually with Oxbow essentials they are done before the day is done.so i'm concerned why aren't they eating it now i served it @like 1 yesterday they are eating hay though and fresh veggie.and drinking water.what do i do that's the only pellet i got?

Pellets are the least important part of their diet, so do not worry about it. If you are giving 1 cup veggies a day per pig and unlimited hay, do not give it another thought. Mine sometimes eat almost all their pellets and other times hardly touch them, it varies day to day, I just make sure to empty and wash the bowl daily :)

Last edited:
My first two pigs do the same thing. They'll munch on it like crazy when I first put it in the bowl, and then they'll nibble on it throughout the day until it's gone. It's a not a big deal as long as they don't have a complete loss of appetite for everything.

my pigs did the same when I switched them to KM from Oxbow. At first I thought they didn't like it. Just give it a few days though, they love it now!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.