Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Piggies at lap time.

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
My piggy rose I think likes to venture at lap time. I will stroke her on my lap and I sometimes feed her veggies. But after a while i dont think she likes to stay still for so long, she will venture off and start playing so lap time really turns into floor time. I have this dome shaped hidey they seem to like and I turned it upside down, now when I get her out for lap time/floor time she will play, run about etc and then go and jump in the overturned hidey and use it as a toilet. It is like she potty trained herself. She keeps doing this now, and my question was really can piggies potty train themselves?

Yes, it's natural for them to poo/pee where they feel safe, which is usually in/on/around a hidey.

Ok thanks, and about the not staying still for to long when she has lap time is that just because she is quite lively and wants to explore.

I can't really tell. My pigs don't like lap time unless I have food, they'll crawl away from me when they're done eating. I can tell that they don't like lap time because I could feel and hear them grinding their teeth, specially when I'm sitting on a chair and they can't get off :p
Yours could have different reasons like they want to explore, need to use bathroom or like mine.

Not sure, I don't hear her grind her teeth or teeth chatter I only hear that if I stroke her "cow licked" fur in the wrong direction.

may be they get bored sitting on laps :D

Yh, we probably both have very adventurous piggies:)

My piggies are too adventurous for lap time sigh... BUT I have discovered that they are much more snuggly at the end of floor time because they are tired. If I get a fleece and they've been running around all wild for awhile then they will snuggle in and nap on my lap afterwards.. for a bit anyway.

2 of my guys are little adventurers, but I've found that if we do lap time after feeding time they will snuggle.

Thanks Hhbean I might try doing that with my piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.