Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Piggies and bug bombs

plumpuff

Cavy Slave
My husband's family is talking about bug bombing the house, because we're being overrun by gnats apparently. If they do, we're taking all of our animals out of the house and whatnot, but I still worry about lingering fumes.

Does anyone happen to know how long after a bug bomb is set off will it be safe for the piggies to return to the house?

It should say on the bug bomb you use, but it does take a few to several hours.

I assumed it would, I'm just wondering if there's any special timing for piggies or certain precautions I should take that the manufacturer probably wouldn't have known. :)

If you indentify why there are gnats and can fix it, maybe you can dissuade them from using a bug bomb. If you just live in a moist area near water, a bug bomb seems worthless to me.

I don't like bug bombs they are pretty useless in my opinion. But if you are having a gnat problem , have you tried purchasing the sticky stuff you hang from the ceiling? So they get stuck on it and die . Putting it in multiple places in the house.

Unfortunately I can't really persuade them at all either way. :\

Unfortunately I can't really persuade them at all either way. :\
bummer...I found it helped me out a lot.

But when I did try and use bug bombs....directions say let it air out for 3 hours or so...I did an extra couple hours just to be sure..opened the windows and doors and what not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.