Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Piggie Poos

James342

Cavy Slave
Hiya
So me and the missus have just got 2 piggies, and its seems my little one (6 weeks old called fudge) seems to poo a fair bit, i think its because she gets excited but im unsure. Any ideas?
Cheers
J

We have 4 piggies and they all seem to have different sizes, quantities, and frequencies with their poos. Our Aby is very tidy and has smallish poos and you usually can't even tell whether she's gone until you find a pile in the corner. Our large boar has giant poos and feels free to put them wherever, but sporadically and in piles. The other two seem to drop poos non-stop. One seems to really like doing it while she's eating (pees a lot then too). The other just seems to keep dropping them here and there. In fact I have seen little poos dropping out of his butt while he is napping in his fleece tunnel!

I think it's just a fact of life with piggies. They pretty much all poop A LOT!

I agree with both of you!! Poop is a fact of life for piggies and people. One of mine will only poo in the litter box (I am so happy), the other will poo big huge poos all day. Every pig is different! :)

Piggies eat a lot, thus they poop a lot.That's why it's important for them to have unlimited access to hay. Their digestive system needs to be kept in motion.

Lifting their pigloos up in the morning for me is particularly entertaining. There's literally piles of poop in there!

I swear in one day I almost have a full dust pan of poops. One of our girls poops so much its crazy! I can always tell where she spent the night, there is a mound. I did worry at first because there was so much, but it all looks normal and I figure its just the way she is. Our other one doesn't poop nearly as much, and she seems to eat more.

Ahh the mystery of piggie nuggets! :D

I call them brownie bites! Guinea pigs are non-stop poopers. It's amazing really. I will take one of the boys out of the cage for just a couple minutes and they will have already left brownie bites! You can't have guinea pigs if you're afraid of poop. It's like a profession for them!

Kwee is very good about not pooping while she's being held or on the bed; she keeps it in the cage. Quee, on the other hand...everywhere and on everyone is fair game.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.