Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Piggie ''juice'' sticked it on his own belly

• Thread starter TheGuineaPigWay
  • Start date

TheGuineaPigWay

Cavy Gazer
Hi everybody,

I just found that my piggie got a bit of his own ''juice'' sticked it on his belly. I tried warm water but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much! :eek::eek::eek:

[GuineaPigCages.com] Piggie ''juice'' sticked it on his own belly

Your options are pretty much either carefully cut it out, let him get it out on his own, or failing that wait for his fur to grow out and for it to just naturally fall out.

There is a reason most boar owners call it "boar glue", no amount of washing will get it out and shampoos/detergents also do nothing to shift it, but guinea pigs can be surprisingly good at cleaning it out themselves if it is bothering them.

Just let it be. Pig spit is the best thing around for getting it off. If it bothers him, he'll take care of it.

At least it's on his belly. It could be on his nose.

I've found it on noses, lips, legs, backs... there's no getting it out. Most pigs will chew it out if it bothers them, but otherwise it'll eventually fall out. I won't risk trying to cut it out.

Scooter had an annoying habit for awhile there of humping Punkin's face, and lo and behold one morning, there was a big lump of boar glue on Punkin's nose. He looked so pitiful and upset about it but sure enough, a couple days later it was gone. He got it off himself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.