Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Piggie intro update

FionaMae

Cavy Slave
Well intros with Fiona and Greta went way better than I expected this weekend. Greta is still adjusting to a new habitat and the sounds and happenings of the house (something Fiona is already familiar with) but I will catch her popcorning around until she notices me and then she runs to the corner to peer out at me. Fiona just runs over to me and wheeks for a treat and some chin rubs. I know the cage guide says that a 2x4 is enough for 2 piggies but seeing them in there with all their toys and stuff I feel like it just isn’t big enough. About an hour after getting them settled into the 2x4 I ordered a 2x6 coroplast base and a cavvy kitchen. I’ll be spending this week cleaning out and rearranging my spare room so I can set up the new habitat and will be trying to incorporate the 2x4 with the 2x6. I just need to get another box of grids. I feel bad for Greta because I think she was kept in a Petsmart cage most of the time. She was taken out for floor time and lap time but otherwise didn’t have the space she needed. I’m hoping they will both be much happier together in their new set up. I’m highly allergic to hay and really sensitive to the pee/poop smell but I’m taking my allergy meds and cleaning the habitat 3 times a day. I never thought a pet that wasn’t a cat could steal my heart but little Fiona did from the first time she looked at me! I ordered a “cuddle cup” for each of them but they don’t seem interested. I put it in the spot where Fiona usually sleeps and she actually gave an annoyed squeaked and nudged it out of the way and curled up behind it. And Greta seems to prefer the cardboard shoebox tunnel. There goes $16!
Fiona and Greta 2.jpgFiona and Greta 3.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.