Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Pig suddenly does not like cucumber

twiggit

Cavy Slave
Hi There,

My Guinea Pig (Pig) used to love cucumber it was her favorite the only vegetable she would eat right away. She would yank it out off my hand and run back to her cabin with it to eat.

All of a sudden for no apparent reason she is off cucumber. She still wants red lettuce and is eating her pellets so I don't think she is sick.

Has any one ever seen this before?

I don't think cucuber should be fed very often. Just a little, because they could be gassy. As far as I am concerned. I wouldn't worry about that.
All my piggies stop loving something very much once in a while.
Stephen used to hate green peppers and now he loves them. But he used to love cherry tomatoes, but now he doesn't really care for them. i guess they are just like people.
Just make sure she continues to eat the good stuff she has to eat everyday and I think she should be fine.

Cucumber can make pigs very gassy and cause bloat. She'll be much better off eating lettuce, bell pepper and cilantro than cucumber. I wouldn't worry about trying to feed it to her again.

Okay thanks. It was just the one thing I could count ont that seemed to make her happy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.