Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Picky Piggies!

kat_0521

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

Within the past 3 days, one of my girls-Tigger, has been refusing her Vitamin C in the morning. I give her Oxbow GTN-50C tablets. She's always acted like I'm giving her candy and can't wait for it. Right after my girls get Vit C, I give them their morning salad.
Part of me thinks that she's starting to "wise up" knowing the veggies are coming and just refuses the tablet. So, not being the kind of person to give up on a battle of wills, I started giving it to her differently. I crush the tablet, add a few drops of water, mix well and take her out of the cage to syringe-feed her. It comes to about 1.5ml, and after she realized I wasn't going to hurt her, starting drinking it OK.
I'm not concerned that she's not getting enough of Vit C-they get a quarter red bell pepper every day and they love it. Should I keep pushing the Oxbow on her? Is this a phase? Any tips for getting her to start taking the tablets again?

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.