Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Petshops banning and restricting photography?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
After I was informed that Petco bans photography in their stores without prior consent. I asked why on their Facebook page. I await their response on this issue. Maybe some people should give Petco a reminder on their FB page that restricting photos makes some of wonder that if they have nothing to hide, why restrict photography?.

Response from Petco FB: These are all really good questions, Erica. We’re currently in the process of revisiting and updating our policy as it relates to today’s camera phone technology and typical use. An updated policy will be shared with our store teams in the near future.

I don't as well. It makes me think they have something more to hide....

Interesting.. Very interesting..

My employer doesn't allow cell phone usage or photos being taken, either. Businesses can suffer losses or receive bad publicity from those with an agenda.

I take pictures of the animals when ever I go in there. I hate how they are treated 99% of the time.

I actually work at a pet store and the reason why we tell customers not to take pictures is because a lot of the time, people will post the pictures and write descriptions about them that just aren't true. A lot of the time they say things like, "the animal in the picture is sick and not getting proper care" when in reality they are. It can get the store in a lot of trouble when there really isn't anything happening.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.