Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Peter Gurney

^dawn^

Cavy Slave
I wasn't sure where to post this, so, sorry if you need to move it.

I just have a quick question, I think I have seen in the past that this site doesn't trust Peter Gurney's methods, and that you don't allow links to his site.

I have been to his site, and thought it was very helpful and informative. So I was wondering out of curiosity what the problem was.

Then today, I was looking around on guinealynx and noticed that they have a link for his site. I was a little surprised because this site directs people to guinealynx everyday and says it is one of the best guinea pig sites on the internet. And it doesn't seem that they share the same views on Peter Gurney.

I'm truely curious.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
A lot of his information is very breeder oriented, and to be honest, Guinealynx is the more informative health website.

For example, he suggests trying one round of medication on a guinea pig with bumblefoot, a painful, debilitating foot problem, and then "leave well enough alone". If you'll look at guinealynx, the rescuers there go through many foot soakings, antibiotics, and care to deal with bumblefoot, most very successfully! So why leave a pig to suffer with bumblefoot?

I've seen pigs on GL with feet the size of quarters over many months loving tending end up with completely normal looking feet, and no longer in pain.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
He has breeding info on his site. We do not allow any breeder links or links to site with breeding info here. Also many of his methods are ones that the staff here do not agree with.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.