Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

PETA Book!

poisonapple88

Cavy Slave
So, I was at Borders and I bought this new book released in 2009 by the PETA organization called The PETA Practical Guide To Animal Rights. It's really good and has some interesting points and information. Has anyone read it?

I encourage everybody to check it out! :)

Ilovemypiggies1

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out!

CountryCowgirl

Cavy Slave
Interesting! What types of topics does it cover? I'll have to check it out, see if its carried in my local bookstores.
Thanks for the suggestion!

poisonapple88

Cavy Slave
It covers many different topics about the meat industry, dissection in schools, clothing production, and basically anything involving the death of animals.

After each section it has quite a few tips and resources on how you can help out.

shamrockmommy

Cavy Slave
I don't have much respect for the people of PETA. I was showing at a dog show in Atlanta one time and some PETA fanatics went around releasing several dogs from their crates. What chaos. Not very smart people. JMO though.

I am all for humane treatment of animals, appropriate enclosures allowing them to express their natural behaviors and just being kind to them. PETA doesn't want animals in anyone's 'ownership' at all.

poisonapple88

Cavy Slave
I don't have much respect for the people of PETA. I was showing at a dog show in Atlanta one time and some PETA fanatics went around releasing several dogs from their crates. What chaos. Not very smart people. JMO though.

I am all for humane treatment of animals, appropriate enclosures allowing them to express their natural behaviors and just being kind to them. PETA doesn't want animals in anyone's 'ownership' at all.

Just to clarify, they do believe domestic animals can be pets. They just don't believe in chaining up dogs, keeping them outside at all times, and or crating them for long periods of time. They want them to be considered more "companions" then "pets".

I am not directing this at you, but the thing that annoys me most when people see I'm involved with PETA is that they assume I'm one of those crazy activists who goes around disrupting everybody. I'm a peaceful advocate who likes to keep things calm and not disrespectful.

I don't agree with absolutely everything PETA does but some of the materials and ideas they have are very useful for campaigning and getting ideas out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.