Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Supermarket

jdomans

Cavy Slave
This 'lovely' store opened this weekend in Savannah. They are housing the pigs and buns together. Granted they are all the same size but unknowing customers will buy one each and house them together thinking it is OK. Also we all know they have different food requirements.
I just wrote into the company and it will be interesting to see if I get a reply of any kind.

PetSupermarket.com

I spoke up about the housing and was told that they are shipped together so they house them together. I was so stunned that my mind didn't kick in about the food issue at all. Sorry, it has been wild around here this past week.

They under cut PetsMart in the cost of "disposable pets". Guineas are selling for $18. I think Parakeets were $15. Great just great.....

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I don't know what to say, Judy. I just looked at the "small animals" section of the site where no one species is mentioned by name. Some quotes:

"All small animals eat basically the same food."

"Chew toys are an absolute must."

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Good lord Daft I didn't check out the site at all. I just wanted a place to write in about the housing and food sharing. It is worse than I thought. We will never go in there again.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Yuck. I hope you can at least get the animal's conditions improved.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.