Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad Pet Store

arionat799

Cavy Slave
So I went to a petstore the other day just looking around (of course! I would never buy a guinea pig from there) and saw the saddest thing. The guinea pigs were in something like a trash bin turned on its side with an open top and there were 3 inside. There were feces EVERYWHERE and the water bowl contained soiled bedding and was turning a brownish color. But the saddest thing of all I realized after watching one of the guinea pigs-more like prisnors- run around. At first I noticed the excessive itching. Then the skinned back. This guinea pig's back-I didn;t notice at first because fur covers it when he sits- was redish pinkish and flaky like he had been either a) abused b)hurt by one of the other guinea pigs or c)had a skin problem

This was so sad and I feel so terrible because I didn't so anything to one of the employees better yet the manager. I'd go back to tell them but I'm not sure if they're even still there. What could I/ should I do? I just feel so terrible :(

I must say one good outcome came out of this: It reminds me even more not to buy from a petstore!

I'd call your local humane society or animal control to report a case of animal neglect/abuse. That animal cruelty.

I agree. This needs to be stopped.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.