Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Stores Pet Store Guinea Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsiecutie

Cavy Slave
I know from experience how horrible petstores can be to their pigs. I adopted my first piggy from a shelter and we were planning to get another one. My sister had begged and begged for one for her birthday and so my mother gave in and went to buy her one from a pet store. I told them and yelled and even cried to get them to not buy from there but they didn't listen. We ended up with a piggy who died at 6 months after being seemingly healthy. I have never forgivin myself for letting that go on. I have learned from my mistake and am never, ever, going to make the same one.

utsarah

Cavy Slave
To me, feeling guilty would not relate to how much I adore the critter, as I always know somewhere there is a mother being bred over and over, and somewhere there is a shelter pig that could have been adopted. Loving my pet beyond comprehension does not change that fact, or my guilt.
I definitely don't like that. I honestly didn't realize that there were mills like that when we got our two.

I can hardly imagine what kind of life those animals live. It is atrocious. I knew about puppy mills, but not about the mills for other animals.

At the same time I'm glad that our family has our two pigs. They have a nice C&C cage, good quality food, unlimited good quality hay and plenty of fresh veggies and fruits. I don't know if they would have gotten that in another home. They may have, there is no way to know.

Thankfully our two were both sexed correctly and we did in fact get two males. They're healthy and happy and we are so happy with them. Our guinea pig, Gizmo, will even curl up into a little ball on my lap and go to sleep! I never really thought that I'd gain his trust that much. We're very fortunate to have these two little critters in our family.

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I totally disagree too. You know, just because. Because of all the becausiness.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I totally disagree too. You know, just because. Because of all the becausiness.

How is this in any way polite? :mad: You not supposed to be allow to publicly question why people no thanks something. I not allowed post in kitchen anymore because of language barrier, so thank and no thank only way I can express myself! None of your business why I no thank a post.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
I not allowed post in kitchen anymore because of language barrier, so thank and no thank only way I can express myself! None of your business why I no thank a post.
I don't understand. This is in the kitchen and you did just post. What am I missing?

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
I don't understand. This is in the kitchen and you did just post. What am I missing?

Not supposed post opinion on subjects because if I misinterpret well yeah. So Thanks and no thanks only way I HAVE of express my opinion.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
OK, it just seems to me that you're right here posting an opinion on a subject, and it sure doesn't seem like you misunderstood anything. In my eyes it makes less sense to thank/no thank something you might not understand than to post an opinion saying what you think about it - if there was a misunderstanding, at least with a post, it would likely be obvious and could be cleared up.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
OK, it just seems to me that you're right here posting an opinion on a subject, and it sure doesn't seem like you misunderstood anything. In my eyes it makes less sense to thank/no thank something you might not understand than to post an opinion saying what you think about it - if there was a misunderstanding, at least with a post, it would likely be obvious and could be cleared up.

If someone is mocking me, I take right o post against orders. I do understand most things, I made one or two error and evidentially that was enough.

It not my call BlackArrow, I totally agree with you. So for now I stick to thanks/nothank button.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the explanation, I know I was not aware that you weren't to post!

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the explanation, I know I was not aware that you weren't to post!

I allow to post in 'non controversial subject' but my desire to waned after I was informed this. :(

I will say the mods very friendly about it, but still hurt lots.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
This Pet Store Guinea Pig Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.