Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Persimmons

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if persimmons were ok to give to pigs. My mom got a few and I was curious if they could have some.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Anyone know where I could look to find out?

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Never heard of them..

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I found this

"Fuyu Persimmons are an Asian fruit now grown in the US. Fentiman Farms has been growing Fuyus for about 20 years. They are usually eaten crisp like an apple, being ready to eat when they are orange in color and still firm. Unlike the Hachiya persimmon, Fuyus are a "non-astringent" fruit and will not create a “puckering” sensation if not quite ripe when eaten.
Fuyus are used in many of the same ways we use apples. Also, If allowed to soften, they will be good to use in cooking and baking. This fruit is not only delicious but also nutritious, being a good source of carotenoids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fiber – no fat – no cholesterol – no sodium!

Plus it was listed on the guinealynx nutrition page https://www.guinealynx.info/nutrition.html#fruit

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much. We are moving soon and one of the houses we looked at has a huge persimmon grove. I was just wondering if they were ok for pigs. Sounds like they are.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
They love them. As soon as they got a bite they started fighting over them. I gave them enough to stop the squabling.

roosterboy
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.