Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet pellets? veggies?

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Hi well i cant seem to find oxbow near me or even in the city the brands that are in my town are martins and some no name brand that i will add later(i cant remember the name)is martins an ok brand of pellet to use?
We grow most of our veggies so veggies arent really a problem but could you list a good variety of veggies and fruits for me(i dont have cavies yet so dont worry i just like to be prepared)thanks.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You are in Canada aren't you? Martins is an acceptable brand in Canada.

As for a list of fruits and veggies, please see the Nutrition charts sticky thread and you may also want to check out the sample menu's sticky thread.

JD In Van

Cavy Slave

As for a list of fruits and veggies, please see the Nutrition charts sticky thread and you may also want to check out the sample menu's sticky thread.

I couldn't find Oxbow right off either and Martin was recommended to me as an alternative (and a suprisingly affordable one), so long as the boys like it I'll probably stick to it.

I've since learned though that many of the small animal rescue societies (if you're out in Vancouver, the Vancouver Rabbit Rescue for example), sell Oxbow products (and various Hays also), as well as some exotic vets carry it (as well as Martins and some other suitably good brands). You might want to inquire at your local rescue. They at least give you an alternative to buying from the pet store (particularly if your pet store sells live animals).

1frankie7

Cavy Slave

Yes I am in canada and there is a place that sells martins about 5 minutes away from my house.
Oh and JD I am going I get my pigs from the humane society and if they dont have them I geuss I'm just gonna have to wait until they do oh and i would check the spca too.lol

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.