Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Paper Bag and Helicopter-ing

PopePopsicleIV

Cavy Slave
So, Kudos to whoever came up with the idea to put Timothy hay in a paper bag for their piggies.

Pigson LOVES it.❤️
[GuineaPigCages.com] Paper Bag and Helicopter-ing
He sits in it, he rips the edges, he even jumped up on it at one point (but he rolled off)

My only question is, is it okay to let him eat the paper bag? Because he's not just tearing it up, he seems to be eating a bit of it. Should I be worried?

I'm a little sensitive because Pignatius just passed away with GI issues, and I can't stand to have another baby have problems like him. Especially since Pigson is such a small little thing. :sorry:

Also, I took a little video of what Pigson's been doing since he got back home. He's been going in his pigloo and turning these crazy circles, he reminds me of a helicopter blade:

[video=youtube_share;MGSMdgyqVgQ]

Is this some form of popcorning, or is he just being his normal crazy self, because i dont think I've seen him do this before.
I guessed it was popcorning because while Pignatius and him were both sick, I had Pigson in the small pet-store bought cage because he's a tiny little thing. So I figured that being back in the big open cage would make him happy. I also wasn't sure if he was confused by the space, because Pignatius was almost always in the pigloo with Pigson.
He seems pretty happy though, he's been popcorning a little, and he doesn't seem to be too upset that he's going to get spoiled to death now that he's my one and only. :p I just hope he doesn't realize that Iggy Pig isn't coming back and get upset. Pigson liked very much to snuggle and chase Pignatius... Hopefully he keeps going on with his optimistic little self <3

Kelsie your piggies sounds very cute
yes paper bags most always a big hit. I get the grocery bags at the
store becuase mine want to all pile into the same hidey (5). I love
how piggie toys are so easy.
Popsicle I think your baby was popcoring It was certainly cute and fun
to watch.
Sometimes I think my babies are having so much it looks like
they are having a party and forgot to invite their human freinds.

That is too funny. It made me and my son laugh our butts off.:D

@Kelsie thank you, I do miss Pignatius very much, but I'm glad he's not beyond sick and suffering anymore. And So far Pigson's been a big help. Right after Iggy-Pig passed i went home and cuddled and kissed Pigson, he was the calmest I'd seen him in a while, so it was nice to cry it out some and hold my only piggy. Sadly, that boundless energy isn't contained for long and he started bouncing around again, thats when i cleaned out his big cage and put him back in it, no need to keep him cooped up in the little one. And yeah, since he got his bag he's pooped in it once and got stuck in it at 4 am this morining, don't ask me how! But that hasn't seemed to scare him away, he's always been the adventurous "i'm not scared of anything!" type. I also agree with Piggi_zone, your piggies do sound super cute ^.^

@piggi_zone, your babies sound hysterical! I'd probably laugh my butt off haha,
and yeah I figured he was popcorning, since he has the equalibrium imbalance so he doesn't jump much, because he falls over, same with when he runs a lot. So i figured this was his way of expressing his joy without tumbling over a ton! :] And yeah, I agree! He barely noticed me until I put my ipod camera down to peer into his pigloo :p

@TigerLily I'm so glad you two enjoyed it! I was trying super hard not to laugh too loud in case he started wheeking or something else ultra cute :D

Cute little video!! He looks so happy to be back in his big cage!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your other piggy :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.