Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Oxbow Pellets

Xw0lfie

Cavy Slave
Hello guinea pig guardians!

I was just wondering, I am finding a lot of "dust" in the pellet bowls, anyone else encounter this?

I do clean out the bowls everyday, and refill it with pellets its just a deep ceramic bowl but everytime I clean it I found all the pellets turning into dust .
My piggies love their pellets and always, leave nothing left other than pellet dust.

But now its a lot of dust like about half the bowl. I keep my pellets in an airtight container, I feed them oxbow cavy cuisine, will possibly switch to KMS, soon as I am done with these pellets. Its like literally a bowl full of pellets and someone taking a masher and mashing them into dust.

KMS has a lot more dust than Oxbow, from my experience. I actually had to tap my pellets through a metal mesh strainer to get the excess off. There was literally inches of dust left in the trash from me doing that, and I have their smallest size.

If you're worried about it you can do what I do, but some may feel it's a bit excessive.

I didn't notice a dust problem with Oxbow, but pellet dishes just get dirty easily. I have to wipe mine everyday,too.

I haven't noticed a dust problem with Oxbow, either. Some pigs seem to be messy chewers, and leave dust and small pellets in the bowl.

but pellet dishes just get dirty easily

Just once I'd like to actually see how all the poop gets in their food dishes!

I haven't noticed a dust problem with Oxbow, either. Some pigs seem to be messy chewers, and leave dust and small pellets in the bowl.

but pellet dishes just get dirty easily

Just once I'd like to actually see how all the poop gets in their food dishes!

Haha I know how that happens with my pigs, my baby likes to sit in the pellet dishes, and eat around herself. xD

Guess I got some messy eaters LOL.

I haven't noticed it before, until this second bag of Oxbow, guess my piggies just love being messy manly boars!

I would LOVE to see how poop gets in there too Foggycreekcavy!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.