Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Oxbow Natural Science

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
Ran to pick up pellets today at the store and saw these...was intrigued so I got them. Of course not opening the bag until I get your guys reaction!

What do you think? Compared side by side in the store and ingredients were about the same, but this one didn't have as many in the form of all kinds of things I can't say LOL. The analysis was about the same for protien, vit C and fiber, etc. This one actually had a bit less fat if I remember right...

100 1974 100 1975

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've been waiting to try these but they aren't available in any of the stores in my city yet. I've been putting off ordering them online. I like that they are made with 3 kinds of hay and don't have soybeans. So far I've heard that pigs seem to really like them!

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
Oh yea!!!

I found them at Petsmart here in NoVA. They are the same price but you get a pound less food. However if the piggies like them I will order some online in bulk.

I read reviews for the bunny formula and people said it was great, made nice shiny coats etc.

Do you think it's necessary to 'transistion' them to this new food, or would it really matter much? They are NOT picky eaters

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Oh yea!!!

I found them at Petsmart here in NoVA. They are the same price but you get a pound less food. However if the piggies like them I will order some online in bulk.

I read reviews for the bunny formula and people said it was great, made nice shiny coats etc.

Do you think it's necessary to 'transistion' them to this new food, or would it really matter much? They are NOT picky eaters
I would still transition them over.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
Alright! Will do! Thanks! They have prob a week or two worth of food left, so we will finish that up and transition accordingly!

Anxious to let you guys know what I think about it!!

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
cant wait to hear! Im considering switching but its expensive for how much you get.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
I think I may buy the guinea pig and rabbit one for my guinea pigs and bunnies and mix each pellet with KMS pellets. Humm......