Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Overweight piggie...

iugin

Cavy Slave
Hello,my younger girl who is about 7 months old before a month was 600 gr.I put her in the skale today because i saw her that was becoming fat an i saw that she is almost 2 kg!All of the time betwin the 600gr and the 2kg she is on medication so i thought not to weight her until she is fine..I see that she is eating huge amounds of hay daily and pellets and vegetables.
In 2 days i have an appointment with the vet.Is it possible to be overweighted because of the drugs?What other causes might be?

I think you need to re-weigh her. Make sure the scale is set to measure zero before you put her on there, and check it by weighing something whose weight you already know (like a pound/kg of butter, sugar or something else). Also, if the scale measures in both ounces/pounds and grams/kilograms, make sure you read the right scale.

Two kg is huge for a guinea pig, and except for cuy, they do not usually get that large. It's nearly unheard of for a young guinea pig to weigh that much. I think it's more likely that something is wrong with your scale, or that you measured wrong. Two pounds would be about the right weight for her.

Yes you are right bpatters.I ws looking the lbs..so she is 900 gr.Is this not much also?

900 grams seems about right for a 7 month old pig.

Well i think she is pregrant..Her belly is round i think something is moving inside..The main problem is that i have given so many medicines..Oh..i don't know what will happen..

Has she been housed with a male? For how long?

900 grams for your pig is fine.

She is not housed with a male.She was pregnant before I got her.If you want read my post in pregnancy section.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.