Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Outdoors- yes or no?

rramos

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

My 3 babies have never been outside in the grass, at least for the time I've had them. I live in South Texas, were stray cats and dogs are an unfortunate problem. I also live in an apartment complex where even though pets are not allowed, strays wonder in every now and then, and I do not know who has lived here before and what they did to the grass.

I want to give my guinea pigs some fresh air and play time outside. I see so many pictures of parents taking their guineas outside and I feel bad that mine are kept inside. Would it be okay to take them outside and set up a play area? I know they will automatically eat the grass, so I am just scared the one time I let them out they will get sick. I would take them to a park, but again strays roam everywhere, and I do not know how the grass at the parks is treated, chemically and whatnot.

I've considered growing grass from the seed for them to eat instead of dried hay, but I don't think it's the same thing.

Any advice would be helpful. I am always hesitant when it comes to a potentially harmful act to my babies. :eye-poppi

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.