Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Out for the first time this Spring!

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
Today, it was the warmest day since January! It was about 61 or 62 degrees today, so I out Coco out for a bit! He was in a 2x4 and he had a blast! I got pictures but if I can get them up, I will post them! Did any one else's pigs go out today! I am in Boston so the weather has been sort of crummy and cold lately, so I took advantage of it!

ali's_pigs123

Cavy Slave
That is awesome! I hope the weather will be nice enough to go out more!

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
About 4 days ago I was able to take my pigs out for a while. Four of my boys had never been out before and they seemed to really like it. My newest adopted boys had been out before and began to munch the grass immediately.

Honey_Bunny

Cavy Slave
I live in Virginia so the weather hasnt really made up it's mind. (so to speak) some days it has been cold and others really nice! Honey has been out though this Spring. :) (I agree. I hope the nice weather will stay :))

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
We had an 80 degree day back in feburary so I took my pigs out on the front lawn. They liked it I let them run around and eat on what there was as far as grass. I also got very strange looks from people walking and driving by. lol The price I pay for being a piggy owner! They couldn't go in the backyard since our dog goes potty back there.

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
That is funny about people looking at you funny. They're probably thinking why that crazy person has piggies out on the front lawn. There's only a certain part of the backyard my dogs will use to poop so I have several good spots to let my boys play in their outside pen. I think my husbands glad I let them play out back so the neighbors won't be looking funny at me too.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
That is funny about people looking at you funny. They're probably thinking why that crazy person has piggies out on the front lawn. There's only a certain part of the backyard my dogs will use to poop so I have several good spots to let my boys play in their outside pen. I think my husbands glad I let them play out back so the neighbors won't be looking funny at me too.

I don't mind the funny looks if they ask me why I can start talking to them about the piggies no problem. I like being weird and making a point :) My dog goes all over the yard so I might fence off one part so he can't go potty there so the pigs have a spot.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
I took my girls out onto the lawn Sunday last week. I have to take them out the front as the dogs have the run of the back yard (though they are mainly inside, they go to the toilet outside). So I sat out there, in a chair, with a drink and my book whilst they ran around and ate in front of me!

Honey_Bunny

Cavy Slave
I took my girls out onto the lawn Sunday last week. I have to take them out the front as the dogs have the run of the back yard (though they are mainly inside, they go to the toilet outside). So I sat out there, in a chair, with a drink and my book whilst they ran around and ate in front of me!

awww...thats a good idea. Honey would probaly want me to join in on her fun though. LOL! :D

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Cool! In New Jersey it's getting pretty warm so Peanut went out sometime in January since it was in the high 60's one day!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.