Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Our sweet Shadow passed away this morning..

britgal98579

Cavy Slave
I am so heartbroken. I never thought I could become attached to a guinea pig so quickly. I had to her to the vet last week and was told she had a URI. We thought we were past the worst of it. This morning after I left for work my husband gave her another round of her Baytril. He put her back in her favorite spot the upper loft. She started shaking he said and got up then fell off the top. He picked her back up and she was still shaking. Almost like a seizure and then passed away in his arms:weepy:

This is what we have been going through if anyone is interested. https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/69861/

I am now wondering if it was the URI or if she also had something else wrong with her. She did start eating and drinking again then stopped again. She was only with us a short time but was so much joy those short few weeks......

I'm so sorry to hear about Shadow. My buddy Turbo passed last week from what we think was a URI also. He was also put on Baytril and he stopped eating 3 days before he passed.

It's not easy, for sure.

Im so sorry for your loss.
R.I.P. <3

I am so sorry for your loss.
RIP Shadow :love:

So very very sorry for your loss.

So very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you took very good care of Shadow, and that you loved him well in the short time he was with you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Shadow was a very lucky piggy. You took great care of her, you did every thing you could. It is not your fault. So sorry for your loss.

RIP, Sweet little Shadow. It's not your fault she's gone, I know you did everthing you could. Sending all my deepest love to you and your family, I'm so sorry, I know what your going through. I've lost guinea pigs too, it's so very very hard to loose someone you love. Sending happy thoughts to her now, up in Rainbow Bridge, I know that they are all looking down on us, playing with each other, running through a feild of gold, waiting for you to join them, and holding you closest to her heart:love:.
Rest in Peace, Shadow, may all my love go with you,
Luna:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.