Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Our New babies are really coming out!

ChristieB

Cavy Slave
We are a new to guinea pigs family. We lost our family dog 3 months ago very suddenly and before his time and it has been a huge lose to us. My 7 year old daughter took it vdery hard...almost, if not harder then us (since he was our first baby). After much thought we decided a pet for her to love was a need. We researched a lot and decied on 2 guinea pigs. The girls (I have a 5 & 7 year old) named them Squeaks and Smores (Smores is tan, white and black...like a Smore). Anyhow, we have had them for a week and a half. We give them floor time in a large childrens pool in our living room with little hiding places and towels and that way the girls can get in and out easily and cuddle them or let them come up and check them out. Well today we went out and got them some special hey for a treat (Botanical mix) and a new little hidey house. We then picked up new littler and a flat cat mat and a timothy hey home for their cage. (we were using a box flipped over with a door opening we cut out). Well when we set them out for floor time they were so excited (plus they got watermelon for the first time) and they never really hid, would crawl into the girls laps, one even popcorned a couple times. We heard squeaks and whistles and this little purr type noise we had never heard before. Then the girls and I went and cleaned their cage, gave them a different type of softer litter, put a cat mat in there and the new timothy hut. When we put them on there they both started squeaking and popcorning all over the place! It was so fun and we were almost in tears.
I have to say these little guys have been a great therapy for me as well. I thought I was doing this for my girls. I knew I would have to do the majority of the work, but we are huge pet people so it's easy. But now I just adore them and are so glad we added them to our family.
So fun!

It's great to hear that!

I'm so happy to hear that your piggies are settling in and are happy! Isn't it just the sweetest thing when they first start trusting you and want to have lap time?! I never get tired of seeing my boys popcorn.

Awww, that's so sweet, the way you wrote about them. I can easily imagine them purring and jumping all over. Do you also have some pics with them?

That's so cool! Welcome, and very soon you will understand the term 'cavy slave!' :)

I did take pictures tonight. I have to upload them and will post them soon. They are adorable. I have loved animals my entire life and so it makes me melt seeing my oldest so in love and so willing to care for her baby.

Aww. Welcome and congrats on your new babies. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.