Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? Ordering pellets and hay from KMS question.

Amethysta

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I've been considering ordering a few months supply of both pellets and hay. I.ve been pricing and think that with shipping this would be my best option. My main quesion is, how much should I order for couple month supply? I currently have 9 rescues, three of which are on baby watch. Genders are separated since they got here. Any help would be great!

For my currently 6 pigs I ordered 45 pounds of 3rd cut timothy, 15 pounds of bluegrass, and 25 pounds of timothy pellets. I made that order a month ago and, at the rate I am going, the hay will last me another 4 months or so, and the pellets will be gone within 2 months.

I order as much as I can reasonably store, as it brings the overall cost per ounce down for everything with how shipping goes. I recommend you do the same... you're going to need a lot of hay!

Yeah, I realized that when I went through what would have lasted a month to going through it in 4 days. Going crom 2 to 9 in a couple weeks... Thank you for the info. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.