Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Opinions on my cage?

Rain Shadow

Cavy Slave
As a first time Cavy owner I'm fretting that my cage isn't perfect for my little one who is coming home tomorrow. Logan is a six month old boar that has lived alone.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Opinions on my cage?

My cage is a 3 by 4 with a waterproof table cloth and then a tarp beneath it. Here is how I'm planning on laying it out. My fleece is still in the wash.

The pink bin in the back hold all natural corn cob bedding. I use this with my horses and mice and love it. Its so absorbent, non dusty, and great for not stinking up the place though it does have an odd smell until you get use to it. He is suppose to be really good about using his litter box. Though he of course has accidents.

The hay rack is a bent grid that is zip tied to the cage. Of course a large size igloo. I ordered everything on Amazon and didn't get to chose colors hence the pink. A cardboard box which I plan on making a little bed out of with a towel and then some fleece. And a few toys. Its hard to see but he has two hanging toys hanging from the grid in the back that's over the litter box. Plus two ping pong balls that are brand new and thoroughly washed, and a wooden knot thingy.

His cage is in the hallway so he can enjoy some foot traffic but also won't be thrust into the mayhem of our household. So he can settle in and then I'll look into moving it.

So what do you guys think? Anything I need to change?

Is it big enough for him and hopefully a buddy down the line?

It looks good to me just make sure he can't swallow the ping pong ball. Since he is 6 months make sure you feed him Timothy hay. When and if you get him a friend make sure to introduce them on neutral ground. Males can be very hard to pair up as they are more dominant than females. If he is really small you will need to baby proof the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.