Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior ooohhh. . .the piggie drama!

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
so, i have 4 boys: 2 that are 7 months old (jerry and kramer - both going through puberty, btw :eek: ), 1 is 4 years old (newman) and the last is 5 years old (george). i love them all, and they each have their own personality. of course, they can drive me nutty sometimes. right now, we're playing musical pigs, trying to figure out who gets along with who. the latest is having newman move in with kramer and george, both of whom are (were) really super mellow. it's slow going. the introductions went ok, but day 3 here and newman is still screaming his head off everytime george even comes near him. it's nothing serious - george does sometimes chase newman or corner him a bit - but newman screams at the slightest move in his direction! he's such a big baby! i don't want to mess up the intro phase, but i do have a problem. newman is such a cuddlebug ❤️. right now, he's sitting on the couch next to me, chewing hay. a few minutes ago, he was in his cuddle cup, yawning and dozing - too cute! i throw a waterproof pad on the couch, surround it with grids, so nobody falls off, toss in some flees and hay, and viola! time on the couch with mom. newman LOVES this (the other guys - not so much), and it gives him a break from the chasing. i don't do it too long, because i know it would mess with them all learning to get along. but newman's so sweet, and i don't know who loves sitting together on the couch watching reruns of "Friends" more - him or me! :D just wanted to share and also, i you have any suggestions about the intro process, and couch time with newman - pipe in!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.