Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning One week later...

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
So I've officially had my 3 little pigs for one whole week, which means it was time to clean the cage.

I have to admit...It went better then I thought it would.

Take out pigs, take out toys, take out fleece pad (Thanks Mom. You're the greatest for sewing those together for me)

With a cup of vinegar and a cup of water I scubbed the coroplast and then dried it up with some paper towels.

Lay down new fleece. Put back in toys, fresh hay, and water bottles.

Back in with the piggies and this is what I got...
[GuineaPigCages.com] One week later...

I admit that I'm missing the punch line of this story. Is it "what's wrong with this picture?"

I think she is just shocked at how easy it was.

Fleece pads make it so easy to clean out. It will go even quicker once you do it a few more times!

I think she is just shocked at how easy it was.

You hit the nail on the head!! I think it took me about 30-45 mins and that was it. Granted, I needed a shower when I was done.

Guess I just wanted to brag a little bit. Sorry, I should be more modest.

Good to hear! I'm planning on switching to fleece once I can get the supplies together. Should help the budget some!

Wow !! How big is your cage ? It looks FANTASTIC. :eek::cool:

What are your three little pigs names ? How old are they ? Do you have girls or boys ? What are those big (bottles or pellet dispensers ?) things in the right hand corner of your cage ? Sorry for all the questions !

Could you post more photo's ( from different angles) of your fabulous cage ? I love your fleece too...love the colour blue...it is my favourite colour ! Yellow is a very close second.

Takes me a whole day to clean after my 10 piggies with washing/drying the fleece and all.
LOL.
Congrats on the squeeky clean cage!!

Very nice cage. Beautiful job. One thing is missing.... your piggies!

Wow !! How big is your cage ? It looks FANTASTIC. :eek::cool:

What are your three little pigs names ? How old are they ? Do you have girls or boys ? What are those big (bottles or pellet dispensers ?) things in the right hand corner of your cage ? Sorry for all the questions !

Could you post more photo's ( from different angles) of your fabulous cage ? I love your fleece too...love the colour blue...it is my favourite colour ! Yellow is a very close second.

My cage is a 3x5. They have a 3x4 area to run around in and a 3x1 area for all their food.

My pigs are Goose (1 y/o), Stella (7 m/o), and Ruby (4 m/o). And don’t worry, Goose is neutered.

Sorry the picture isn’t very clear, I took it on my dumb-phone…LOL. The things in the corners are my hay racks. I got the idea from bpatters. They are those chrome utensil holders from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and they work really well.

When I get home from work today I’ll get Jason to take some more pictures with his I-phone. They turn out way better then mine.

Takes me a whole day to clean after my 10 piggies with washing/drying the fleece and all.
LOL.
Congrats on the squeeky clean cage!!

Wowzer!!! Cleaning up after 10 piggies must be a huge chore. I have other animals to take care of too, so they get most of my time. On the weekends I have 3 fish tanks to clean, a dog to bathe, and a lizard tank to tidy up.

I don’t have cable, nor do I want it. Being with my critters are the best way to spend my time, even if it is cleaning up their poops. :p

Very nice cage. Beautiful job. One thing is missing.... your piggies!

I promise the piggies are in there. They are still scared of me since we’ve only been together for a week. As soon as I put them back in they ran for cover. But, about 30 minutes later they were investigating their new scenery.

OOoooo I love their names ! Funny...even though a 3x5 is a big cage, it looks bigger than that to me, on your photo ! I mean, it looks REALLY big ! I would love to see some piggie pics too...we are greedy little buggers on here for piggie photo's !lol However, they are still settling in, and adjusting to their new wonderful home, so no pressure....whenever it feels right to give them their first "photo shoot" LOL, we will surely still be here, and look forward to seeing them !

I would love to see some piggie pics too...we are greedy little buggers on here for piggie photo's !lol

https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/66740/

Here’s the thread where I introduced them. You can see some pictures on my 3 little pigs. Over the weekend I took them out for their first weigh-in and rewarded them with a very big salad, so I snapped a few shots while they were out. (Again, with my dumb-phone, so they’re kind of dark. I’m asking for a camera for Christmas.)

Wowzer!!! Cleaning up after 10 piggies must be a huge chore. I have other animals to take care of too, so they get most of my time. On the weekends I have 3 fish tanks to clean, a dog to bathe, and a lizard tank to tidy up.

I don’t have cable, nor do I want it. Being with my critters are the best way to spend my time, even if it is cleaning up their poops. :p

Oh yes, I know how it is. I have 6 dogs! 2 are puppies, 1 is under the age of two, and the rest are seniors. My basset hound is two types of cancer and will be passing away soon, :( so with giving 10 guinea pigs proper exercise, watching the puppies so they don't chew up my house, and caring for the oldies.. I don't have time to enjoy my cable much. lol. Pet's are my entertainment! :]

Pet's are my entertainment! :]

The best kind of entertainment in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your basset. I think the cruelest trick God ever played was making dogs live only a quarter of what people do. And to shorten that even more just isn't fair.

Sonia, my hound dog, has all sorts of allergies. I spend most of my time researching new foods and treats that she CAN have, as there are very few. Plus she gets lots of baths and I have to clean house constantly to keep all the allergens and dust down. I'm not complaining...I'd do anything for her. ❤️

Beautiful setup... brag away! What a wonderful home for three piggies.

Beautiful setup... brag away! What a wonderful home for three piggies.

Thanks SurfingPigs! I worked really hard on this. I don’t know how many times I drew out ideas on graph paper to come up with a plan I really liked.

As they get more comfortable I will get more toys and find things more stimulating, but right now their favorite thing is to hide.

I’m going to be calling on my friends to save their soda and beer boxes. I don’t drink either, but I bet the piggies would LOVE to use them as hideys and tunnels.

I’m going to be calling on my friends to save their soda and beer boxes. I don’t drink either, but I bet the piggies would LOVE to use them as hideys and tunnels.

I bet you are right! A cheap toy option is a simple brown paper bag with some hay in it, or one of those cat toy plastic balls with holes in them, filled with pellets. My pigs love to lay in a paper bag stuffed with hay, and they will push around the toy balls all day long eating pellets if I keep them filled.

Very very nice, and so big ! Thank you for the added photo's !:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.