Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General One down one to go!!:D

• Thread starter JessicaSayzRawr
  • Start date

JessicaSayzRawr

Cavy Slave
Okkayy so My dad and me picked up the coroplast today. I got my cage for Spike finished. She loves it.:D Except she just seems to like chewing the bars on the grids.
:p

Do your pigs ever Chew on the grids is it okkayy for her to do.?

Here are some pictures.

When I first put her in.:D
[GuineaPigCages.com] One down one to go!!:D

The little tent that I made.The book cover should have been bigger but its cute. She should use it.:p I hope.:D
[GuineaPigCages.com] One down one to go!!:D[GuineaPigCages.com] One down one to go!!:D
That was a little hay rack I removed it for now. She has the hay in the corner though.:D
I made a little sock pillow thing for both piggies. I hope the play with them or snuggle them.:D

I need more stuff for in her cage but it should be good for now!!:D

What do you guys think?:D

Its nice! what shavings do you use?

They are petspick pine bedding..But because I bought a bigger bag it smells piney. I use to buy the smaller bag which made sense smaller cage smaller bag. but with two 2x3 cages I am going to need a whole bunch more bedding.:p I have always used pine bedding.

nice cage!

Thank you!!:D I still have to build one more. I am so excited. Just not so sure how I am going to clean them yet.:p

Spike in her cage. - YouTube Check out her new video.:D I hope she warms up to her cage and runs around more. She never really got to in her old cage.

They are petspick pine bedding..But because I bought a bigger bag it smells piney. I use to buy the smaller bag which made sense smaller cage smaller bag. but with two 2x3 cages I am going to need a whole bunch more bedding.:p I have always used pine bedding.
i would try getting kiln-dried pine, carefresh or boxo .... pine is not safe for them

I know. I didn't realize it wasn't kiln-dried when i bought it and i figured Id use it then once I am done with this bag I will get different stuff.
The bag I got was huge.
[GuineaPigCages.com] One down one to go!!:D[GuineaPigCages.com] One down one to go!!:D

Nice cage! YAY FOR SPIKE!

I know! She was so excited except she chewed the bars for a long time now shes just relaxing.:D

Are you sure it's not kiln dried? Read the label to see what it says. It will say if it's oven or kiln dried.

It is kiln dried. I just checked. Is is safe for them? I used the same kind just in a smaller bag I didn't even realize it was the same brand till I just looked at the old package too. They used it for the whole time I have had them. Its been months. is it safe thats my biggest concern

Yes you did a very good job.

But it is really strong smelling though. I dunno if thats allright.D:

It's fine to use if it's kiln-dried. If it has some piney smell, you can air it out before you use. Dump the bag in a wide container to spread it out. You can do that in a different room before you use it.

Nice cage. Hope she gets used to it soon.

Im just going to return it because I am worried that it might make her sick or something because the smell. So hopefully walmart will give me my money back for it.

Im just going to return it because I am worried that it might make her sick or something because the smell. So hopefully walmart will give me my money back for it.

I don't think it's worth it. I used pine for my pigs for months without adverse effects.. unless the pine is bothering you of course. If it's open I don't think Walmart will accept it.
Whatever you chose to do, I hope it works out! Your cage looks great!

Did you ever get a bag that was really piney smelling and when you put it in the cage it kinda left a powdery stuff on your hands.?

Did you ever get a bag that was really piney smelling and when you put it in the cage it kinda left a powdery stuff on your hands.?

A couple times, and when this happened I just poured it out on a tarp in the garage and let it air out during the day. It seemed to be much less piney when I put it in their cage. I'm not sure if this is the proper procedure as I am an amateur myself, but I do know that kiln-dried pine is not a problem.

What did you do with it once it was out of the bag though?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.