Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning OMMG hair EVERYWHERE!

triciafb

Cavy Slave
I just washed towels, and one was used on my longhair piggy after she had a bath.... now there is hair ALL OVER all of the towels! I just put them in the dryer, hoping that will get all the hair off... but when I took them out of the washer I was so upset!
For one, I have to use a towel to handle them because I'm allergic to their fur... so if the fur is all over all of the towels and wont come off.... I am going to have to go get new towels...

Anyone have any problems laundering their towels and/or fleece?? How do I get all the hair out??

Most of their hair should come off of the towels. If you washed it with the fleece there may have been some static keeping the hair sticking to the towels, plus you weren't able to use fabric softener. I would recommend washing the towels separate from fleece and using a fabric softener or antistatic sheet in the dryer, that should do the trick. Good luck!

Use a laundry bag for the pigs' laundry -- it'll save hair from getting everywhere, including in the filter to your washer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.