Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

okay....WHAT is spot cleaning?

tuggles

Cavy Slave
I dont notice a wet spot at all.. there are pellets, of course, everywhere in their cage, but I dont notice a wet spot at all, and we have 2 males. I really am interested in this spot cleaning you talk about, but I can't seem to find out for myself what it is.. I would like to train them to one spot only.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Spot cleaning is where you clean the poop and pee spots out of the cage.
I spot clean my cages 4 times a day. So 4 times each day I pick all the poop out of the cage, and with a scooper I scoop the wet/pee spots.
I find that spot cleaning makes the bedding last longer, and over all keeps the cage cleaner. I reccomend spot cleaning.

Litter box or corner training can be very hard depending on your piggies, you have about a 50/50 chance it will work. For some people getting their piggies to go in one spot or litter box works out well for others it is a failure, the piggies poop and pee in the litter box but still go everywhere else in the cage too, or the piggies refuse to use the litter box at all etc etc. Sometimes though people will get lucky and their piggs will automatically go in a certain spot. I have one female piggy that only goes poop and pee in one particular corner.

Last edited:

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Well, your pigs must pee so there must be wet spots! People spot clean so the cage stays clean for longer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.