Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Obsession...?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Well, the piggy on the right is the one I've been obsessing over lately b/c if my dad says yes, she's the one I wanna Obsession...?

get. I plan to pay with my own money-they're asking for a $20 re-homing fee to make sure she doesn't become snake food, which is reasonable-for the pig-who i plan to name smores lol- and all of the food and supplies.-practically oxbow everything!-so...ya just thought I'd share that. But I'm still trying to convince my dad to let me adopt her...any other advice?

If she's part of a bonded pair, I wouldn't split them up. I'd only consider her if you adopt both of them.

Sorry I forgot to mention the owner told me that the white one doesn't get along with other guinea pigs. They are not a bonded pair.

Sorry I forgot to mention the owner told me that the white one doesn't get along with other guinea pigs. They are not a bonded pair.

Well, she might be the perfect one for you if you only want one and she can't be housed with others. You'd just have to make sure you gave her a lot of attention or she'll be lonely or depressed. I've had guinea pigs that were aggressive and lived alone but I've always had them near others so they could still communicate with the others.

I plan to give her lots of attention and a friend of mine has a guinea pig (a female) and she comes over all the time so she'd get to play with her

Well, she might be the perfect one for you if you only want one and she can't be housed with others.

Sorry I just wanted to point out that it's not me who doesn't want to guinea pigs, because I do. My dad just isn't 100% on board yet so instead of asking for 2 guinea pigs i'm only asking for one right now and if he says yes then I will let him know that guinea pigs can suffer from depression if w/o a same sex companion

Very cute piggies, I hope your able to convince your dad. Have you asked him what his exact concerns are and then addressed them one by one? Good luck!

Very cute piggies, I hope your able to convince your dad. Have you asked him what his exact concerns are and then addressed them one by one? Good luck!

Yes I've tried doing that but he always makes up an excuse not to tell me...

Have you showed him video of piggies running around popcorning? Maybe if he sees how cute piggies personalities are it would help?

Thanks I'll try that :)

Have you showed him video of piggies running around popcorning? Maybe if he sees how cute piggies personalities are it would help?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.