Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

O man

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
My mom is convinced that Furby would freak out if we got her a friend... which is probably possible because shes almost two now and she hasnt seen other pigs sense she was 3months old. Anyway I can tell she just dosnt want a pig, but this is her "reason." She actually suggested I pig sit another pig for awhile to see (she said this knowing I knew nobody with a pig). I had to tell her the truth that I didn't know anyone with a pig that I was good enough friends with, or that I was even sure still had one... Plus I have no idea who would, and its not like I can go around asking people Im barly friends with and ask to borrow their cavy. Anywho mom thinks furby thinks shes a person. She knows how to beg, she watches tv. I donno what to say, I am worried that she might not get along with another pig because of her strong personality, but theres no way i can tell what she would do. And its not like you can return a pig if it dosnt work. The only pig I could have pigsat died a few years ago, and another friend had 2 when she was littler but one passed away and she really didnt treat them well so i doubt she's still alive. I donno what to do!

Maybe you should foster one from a local rescue..... And try and convince her.

TinaFabulous

Sierra

Cavy Slave
I'm sure whatever the personality of the guinea pig they would be more happy with a companion. Maybe like people guinea pigs keep things inside and maybe your guinea pig has been hoping for a new friend, you'll never know until you get one!

TinaFabulous

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
nearly 2 years alone IS a bit risky, she could be more happier but theres also a big risk somethin could go wrong, Im willing to try a second, but like i said you cant just return a pig (theres no way I could keep 2 pigs that cannot be housed together), and its even more a matter of CONVINCING MY PARENTS

I have had Ruthie for 3 years and she used to see her brother ALL the time ( my friend had her brother so when we played she saw him which was like at least twice a week.) but she didn't really like her brother and Ruth has been an only pig for 3 years and she hasn't seen another pig in like 2 months. But my other friend babysat a guinea pig and Ruthie liked that pig. Do you think Ruthie would get along with another pig?

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
Ruthies owner said:
I have had Ruthie for 3 years and she used to see her brother ALL the time ( my friend had her brother so when we played she saw him which was like at least twice a week.) but she didn't really like her brother and Ruth has been an only pig for 3 years and she hasn't seen another pig in like 2 months. But my other friend babysat a guinea pig and Ruthie liked that pig. Do you think Ruthie would get along with another pig?

P.S She has only seen boy guinea pigs since she was like two months old

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.