Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy NYC/LI pig meet-up?

Lychee

Cavy Slave
Hello! I recently stumbled upon the idea of Pignics (via Cavy Madness) and was dismayed that I did not live closer to attend the recent Boston event. It looks amazing! There are no active Facebook groups for my area that seem to fit. Most of them are based on adopting or breeding rather than a group of local cavy enthusiasts. I am not sure how many users here are in that area, but I figured that I could give it a shot! Of course, given the metropolitan area, it would not be too difficult to cross state lines either.

Any thoughts?

Hello! I recently stumbled upon the idea of Pignics (via Cavy Madness) and was dismayed that I did not live closer to attend the recent Boston event.

Wasn't the Boston pignic today?? I had brief thoughts of attending, but just couldn't spare the time for the 2+ hour drive each way as well as spending time once there. I think it would be great fun, but am a little reluctant to take Sparky to an event such as that. Having recently lost his cagemate, I would have been heartbroken if he found a friend that we couldn't bring home with us.

Insofar as breeders are concerned, you won't find a group of more enthusiastic cavy lovers!:rolleyes: Trust me they don't get rich breeding......it's an expensive hobby for most. I love attending shows with seeing all the beautiful animals, and soaking up everything I can from the top area breeders. I have learned a great deal about cavy care over the years from these folks. This time of year is the prime season for shows all over the country.

Insofar as Facebook groups are concerned, I can't offer much information as I don't do Facebook except for professional purposes. I'll keep an ear out for any local groups, and yes, crossing state lines is pretty simple.......Metro North to NYC, drive elsewhere.

I believe it was the 9th?? And that makes sense, he probably has a lot of processing and grieving to do. :( . Sorry for the loss of your piggy!

I was concerned that the breeders' groups (even the professional ones) would be more aimed at tactics and standards rather than casual pig socializing. I'm pretty new to the cavy community although I've owned pigs for years. Please let me know if you find anything!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.