Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nugget's getting better!

Pennyspiggies

Cavy Slave
I took Nugget in for her checkup this afternoon. A month ago, she had severe pneumonia and she is doing much better! She weighed 650 grams when she first went in. Today she weighed 794 grams.! She had another x-ray and I can definitely see an improvement but she'll be on baytril for a couple more months. They had to give her a sedative to be able to do the x-ray, so she's been a little *spaced-out* tonight. She has the munchies, which is a good thing!

During the first week, I took her to the vet twice a day so the tech could do the fluids and I ended up adopting a kitten who had just had a front leg amputated. This past month has been incredibly busy caring for these two!

Last edited:
That is great news! I hope Nugget continues to improve, and kudos to you for taking in the kitten.

Awww, I'm glad your pigger is feeling better, and that's awesome of you for adopting the kitten. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well!
-Emily

Great news that Nugget is on the mend!

But where are pictures of your new kitten?!

Wow, that's really fantastic! I'm sure you've been a very doting parent to get your piggy and your new kitty through all of that. Nugget is absolutely gorgeous, you are so lucky!

Thats wonderful! Its so nice to know that A) there is a good vet that has helped your piggy B) you are so compasionate about your animals and C) you have a recovering piggy!

All best! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.