Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Not Your Typical Case Of Burrowing.....

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

Since I made the girls a new ramp for their cage, everything has looked so much nicer.

BUT, it has also been a bit of a hassle.

I started with carpet and only carpet, which was too hard to clean. So I covered it with Fleece, which got wet too easily. SOOO, I made 3 new covers for the ramp with Fleece and U-Haul pad.

Well, all my problems are solved. I binder clip the whole ramp covering together and it works great. Except for the fact that my Pigs burrow under the pads and and poo, then it get's mushy. Even with the binder clips, they can still get under it.

So, GPC, what can I do for a ramp with minimal space width-wise to prevent them from burrowing?

Maybe velcro the fleece pads to the ramp in various places so they can't burrow?

Maybe velcro the fleece pads to the ramp in various places so they can't burrow?

I was thinking about that, but what is the kind of Velcro to use and how would I do it?

Bump, what Velcro?

I'd suggest the strip kind you can sew on... something like this:

VELCRO® Brand Soft & Flexible Sew-On Fasteners | Velcro

https://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Sticky-Back-Fastener-Dispenser-VEK90081/dp/B00006RSWT/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1340409676&sr=8-8&keywords=velcro

To use: Stick the loop side to the actual ramp, sew the hook side to the fabric. I'd do it at the top and the bottom of the ramp and the sides or wrap the fabric around so it velcros to itself for the sides... Hope that makes sense... :)

I'd suggest the strip kind you can sew on... something like this:

VELCRO® Brand Soft & Flexible Sew-On Fasteners | Velcro

Amazon.com: Velcro Sticky-Back Hook & Loop Fastener Roll In Dispenser Box, 3/4in X 15 Ft., Black (VEK90081): Office ProductsTo use: Stick the loop side to the actual ramp, sew the hook side to the fabric. I'd do it at the top and the bottom of the ramp and the sides or wrap the fabric around so it velcros to itself for the sides... Hope that makes sense... :)

Thanks Schavarry, I will turn to that if my current idea works. I came up with it myself:

I put those Fiddlesticks inside the ramp to the shape I needed, and hopefully that if they try to burrow again, the sticks will stop them from doing it.

Thanks, I will keep this thread in mind, and I will research what you are telling me to do so I know how to when the time comes.

Good luck!!

Good luck!!

What's Hook Side and Loop Side?

Oh, and Big Sis', the burrower, was unsuccessful at thwarting my plans......... to stop her burrowing! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-- Eh hem. Excuse me. *straightens suit*

What's Hook Side and Loop Side?

The hook side is the rougher side and the loop side is the softer side of the velcro....

Oh, and Big Sis', the burrower, was unsuccessful at thwarting my plans......... to stop her burrowing! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-- Eh hem. Excuse me. *straightens suit*
lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.