Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not Running as much??

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
So during floor time it doesnt seem that my pigs are running around enough, they just find a cornor and sit there the whole time unless one approtchs the other? Is this normal that they dont run around? is there anyway i can get them to run and get exercise?

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
So during floor time it doesnt seem that my pigs are running around enough, they just find a cornor and sit there the whole time unless one approtchs the other? Is this normal that they dont run around? is there anyway i can get them to run and get exercise?
I have a sort-of-the-same situation. My guinea pig Cocoa will run around my room for a little bit, then goes under my bed and sits there. She can stay under there for hours without coming out and complaining. If anything, she'll pee and poo in there too.

Aside from that, is it because you aren't petting them during floor time? Do you just leave them there? Maybe if you had some treats and put some toys around I'm sure they'll move a little more. Maybe play with them a little more? Mine likes to hide under my bed, so now I put pillows to stop her from going under...

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
Yes i do pet them and play with them during floor time i dont just leave them there and i put toys in there but they still dont move.......

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Yes i do pet them and play with them during floor time i dont just leave them there and i put toys in there but they still dont move.......
That's weird. How big is the are you have them for play time? What do they walk on? My cocoa walks on a rug... She HATES the tile floor because she slides\. Maybe that's it?

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Our 2 pigs just hide during floor time. It really depends on their age and personalities I think.

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
they get my whole frontroom and they walk on carpet
Well they HAVE to go somewhere.. I mean they cant just "stand there". Put tunnels with little treats in them, some igloos, toys with treats. Toilet paper (The cardboard part when its all out of the paper.) You can get that and cut a line and put it there. You can also crumble a blank sheet of paper. You can also get newspaper. Generally, Be creative!
Have fun!
304 Here is Cocoa under my bed. One day, she found out how to get past the pillows -.-

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all your input i will deff. try something different during floor time