Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nose and sinus surgery

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
I just had surgery on my nose and sinuses, and I have to say that anyone who gets a nose job for cosmetic reasons (not for reconstructive purposes or other medical reasons) is a bit crazy. This hurts! They scraped out part of the bone! I had a badly deviated septum so hopefully this will improve my health enormously, but I can't imagine who would do this just for looks. Ughh I can't use my front teeth because they had to chisel bone out of my hard palate. I have to cut up my food like a toddler!

Oh wow, Sal, that's really awful. How long are you going to have to be mashing up food and miserable before you (hopefully) start to see some improvement?

Hopefully not too long. I'm going to call and ask if I can put orajel on my palate to help the pain.

:( I'm sorry. One of my dog walkers had nose/sinus surgery not that long ago. She didn't have enough room in there so she was sick all of the time, I guess they went in and scraped it open in there. She said it was awful right in the beginning but the pain didn't last too long. She was out of work for like 2 weeks though!

However, she feels better than she ever has and hasn't been sick once since. Good luck to you! Rest rest rest.

Yes, everyone I know of that's had it says it's the best thing ever once it heals. I've had so many problems - constant infections, frequent nosebleeds, the inability to sleep with my mouth closed - that if this helps in any significant amount, it'll totally change my life. I hear most people's teeth don't dry up and rot out all night long!

I had sinus surgery back in 2007. It was needed. I got sinus infections within 2 days of stopping antibiotics for the last one. Terrible. They went in and reduced the size of my turbinates, and cleaned out all the pathways inside your nose (all that space down under your eye sockets).

SOOO much better now. I get maybe 4 sinus infections/year. I think the worse part is that they gel packed my nose. I remember the first night trying to 'unpack' it with tweezers because I hated not being able to breathe. It felt like the absolute worse sinus infection ever.

It will be so much better when it is healed. Work it in the end...hang in there!

Now they don't pack the nose so much, they put in splints for my septum and let everything drain into a wad of gauze. Delightful. I have to spray saline spray up my nose every two hours and clean out crusts with a peroxide soaked q tip. Nasty!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.