Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Normal?

Gerawrdcim

Cavy Slave
Do guinea pigs eat and sleep all day cause that's what my guinea pigs seem to do all day. They run around the cage and later they will sleep again. They are both healthy. are they bored?? do your guinea pigs do this??

It's definitely the vast majority of what they do. lol Eat, drink, run around for a bit, and nap. Wake up, repeat.

Yep they're basically like babies, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, repeat. Guinea pigs (From what I understand) also don't have bed times like people, so you won't see them sleeping all night, the are more "Hour on hour off" creatures. They will have an hour of activity, then they will sleep for an hour, then repeat again, so it sometimes seems like they are always asleep.

Guinea pigs are crepuscular, which means they're more active at dawn and dusk. (I still think crepuscular sounds like someone has very bad acne, but that's not the case). In between they'll have periods of activity and sleep, and mine actually are quiet for several hours at night.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.