Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Normal?

jparker0702

Cavy Slave
Ok so i have two females who have lived together for quite a while now and my first guinea sophia bullied savannah when i brought her into the family that took a long while to stop and they generally get a long now except for the occasional little fuss :p

One thing i dont quite understand is savannah whom is usually the less dominate one will periodicaly walk around the cage in a strutting motion making a sound kind of like a rumble or a pigeon and will try to mount Sophia just curious what thats all about?

She is probably in heat. They come into heat every 15-17 days on average, and rumbling and mounting are common.

Ditto Surfingpigs. Undoubtedly heat.

Ok thank you for the info guys :)

Yeah Molly's been doing this, and though I know it's normal it's still wtf. I thought they were over the dominance thing, but she's been chasing both Donna and Abigail around, making that noise and trying to mount them... I think they're getting annoyed, but maybe Molly's in heat too?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.