Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

No Veggies!!!!!

BellFam

Cavy Slave
My piggies will not eat any fruit or veggies. I have tried romaine, carrots, parsley, peppers, apples, strawberries and bananas. They won't eat any of it. What should I do?

Last edited:
Have they just recently stopped eating veggies or are they young piggies that have not yet been exposed to many different kinds? When I first got my girl, she wouldn't touch anything but her pellets. When I hand-held the veggies up for her, she'd get curious and nibble at them. Eventually, she decided that she liked them and would eat them on her own. Sometimes, getting them a little wet seems to peak their interest, too. If they used to eat the veggies fine and have stopped, there may be some underlying problem that you need to have checked out. Someone with more experience could probably help you more with that.

They are young and have not been fed veggies before. How long did it take your piggie to eat them from your hand? I'll take your advice and see what happens. Thanks.

u may need to reduce the pellet & hay

so that when they r hungry they will eat the vege & fruit

You should not reduce the pellets or hay, but give them time and only introduce a few things at a time. Cujo wouldn't really eat any when he first came to me but gradually he has increased his veggie and fruit intake. My last piggie couldn't get enough! Try growing some indoor grass. Cujo goes crazy for it! Can't get enough! Give it time - they will find what they like and ask for it all the time.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
BellFam said:
They are young and have not been fed veggies before. How long did it take your piggie to eat them from your hand? I'll take your advice and see what happens. Thanks.
My guinea pig would nibble on them if I held them up for her from the very beginning. I took her a few tries to get used to the food and eat it on her own, though. She's still finicky about new things when I first introduce them. I think it's just their nature. Just give it time. They'll come around. =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.