Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

No Thanks feature is live...

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
The No Thanks feature is live in the Kitchen forums. I couldn't rename the Thanks button, so it's just Thanks and No Thanks, but the No Thanks button states: "No thank you, so-and-so. I respectfully disagree," says: whomever.

Newbies still can't use it. Just like they couldn't use the Thanks button yet.

Let's see how it goes.
T

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Great! I especially like "respectfully disagree". That will allow people to voice their opinion without feeling like they are being nasty about it. I think it will be a nice addition to the kitchen!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Great! I especially like "respectfully disagree". That will allow people to voice their opinion without feeling like they are being nasty about it. I think it will be a nice addition to the kitchen!

Thanks! Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch to try to keep it civil, if not friendly.

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
I don't see the "no thanks" feature anymore. Did it disappear, or is it just me?

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
I can see it.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I don't see the "no thanks" feature anymore. Did it disappear, or is it just me?
It's only live in the kitchen forums. Do you see the button there?

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
I must have had a brain fart. I forgot that it was only in the kitchen forums. Thank you so much Paula!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Could you explain why newbies aren't allowed to do either? Thanks.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
While the forum is kind of quiet from a controversial thread point of view, I can see how you would think Newbies should be able to thank and such.

First of all, what typically happens with Newbies is that they start thanking every dang post they read--especially when they start a thread with a question. That's the MAIN reason. It rather defeats the purpose of the feature in the first place. Thanks are really for either especially useful or helpful posts--that is out of the ordinary--and in the Kitchen for showing public support on controversial topics.

Second, when a topic gets popular, if it's particularly heated, sometimes people who aren't fairing well in getting support for their positions get their friends to sign up on the forum to start adding their two cents. They would immediately start thanking their buddies and dissing everyone else--usually without having spent any time at all on the rest of the site or forum.

I prefer that people get a good feel for the forum all the way around before they start picking out things that they find especially useful or disagree with in our debate forum.

Last edited:

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Out of curiosity, why can you "No Thank" yourself?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I thought about whether or not to turn that on or off. Bottomline, I decided that if you had a reason to go back and tell yourself, No Thanks, who am I to argue? :)

lulubird6

Cavy Slave
Sorry to drag this old thread back up.

On that same topic, I see that I've been thanked. I was curious to see if there was a place where I could see those posts. Just wanted to know why I was being thanked. Useful advice? Gave them a laugh? Whatever?

thanks in advance!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
lulu go to your profile and there will be a button called statistics. There will be links to your posts, thanked and no thanked posts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.