Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece No-Sew Liner Idea

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had tried sandwiching a layer of U-haul in between two fleece blankets and securing them by tying the edges, like a no-sew fleece blanket? Do you think that it would come apart in the washer/dryer?

Thanks in advance! :)

DawnM

Cavy Slave
I don't think it would work unless the uhaul liner was actually sewn in because it will all move in the washer and dryer. It may just become a ball of mess. If you don't have a sewing machine do you know some one who does cause its all straight line sewing and really easy to do.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
First make sure your piggies don't like to chew the fringe before you go thru all that work. Keep in mind poop will probably get in the fringe area. Also make sure it's big enough that the knots and fringe go up the walls of the cage so that the uhaul actually reaches the corners and walls of the cage. Also you will need to hand sew it in spots to keep the uhaul from shifting and balling up in the wash like Dawn said.

Yuo'll need to double knot the pad and make it tight, so it is safe. After you knot the top and bottom together you can tie the fringe strips to the strip next to it to make it even more secure.

The interesting thing about this idea is that it would create a bowl shape in the cage because the knots would be higher than the inside.

DawnM

Cavy Slave
Yes I think if you hand sew it it will work and I have beds for my piggy that are tied fleece and he absolutely loves them. He doesn't chew the fringes but he sure likes them for some unknown piggy reason.

DawnM

Cavy Slave
I was thinking also what if you just tie both long sides and one short end and leave the other end so you can just fold it under and use the fleece like a pillow case for the liners and then pull the lines out for the wash. This may help with drying time also. Just a thought....and fleece doesn't fray so no problem there.

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
If you really couldn't sew maybe you could cut the uhaul pad and tie it with the fleece fringes. The pad would have to be big enough, otherwise sewing is necessary.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.